By Nancy Nafziger
How do you continuously improve and modify dynamic processes while also addressing compliance?
How do you provide process definition, workflow automation and visibility into your business processes?
How do you promote business effectiveness and efficiency while striving for innovation, flexibility, and integration with technology?
Request Management Combined with Business Process Management is the Ticket!
What is Business Process Management?
Business Process Management, (BPM) is a holistic management approach focused on aligning all aspects of an organization with the wants and needs of clients. It promotes business effectiveness and efficiency while striving for innovation, flexibility, and integration with technology. BPM attempts to improve processes continuously. Through BPM applications, a company can create workflows and automate their business processes.
Value of Enterprise-Wide BPM Applications
Once you grasp BPM, selecting the right applications is vital to your success. BPM applications that can be implemented enterprise-wide will add significant value to your initiative. If it’s not an enterprise-wide application, BPM will be difficult to manage.
Three Key Elements are Included in BPM:
- One—descriptive models that represent all of your business processes and outline your organizational hierarchies, business rules and metadata.
- Two—detailed modeling, where business processes are defined and IT details are assigned/aligned with the processes.
- Three—automation, execution and fulfillment of business processes. Without the proper applications, this isn’t possible.
Some BPM suites include the appropriate BPM applications. However, a combination of applications is far more beneficial. For example, utilizing one vendor for the descriptive modeling element and with another for the workflow automation and execution element will produce better results.
What is Request Management?
Request Management is a web-based, self-service application that enables end-to-end service request delivery management and fulfillment including: presentation of IT or other business services to users; service request submission; request routing and workflow; request approvals; and service delivery. An actionable IT service catalog is one component of a larger request management system. A flexible request management application, such as Kinetic Request, bundled with Kinetic Task is commonly associated with request management and delivery of IT services. Kinetic Task is an advanced automation engine that enables any service delivery function to create service catalogs and automate approvals and service delivery workflow processes.
A Request Management Application Such as Kinetic Request Bundled with Kinetic Task Offers:
- A solution for delivering business process faster and easier
- Complete workflow control and flexibility
- Automation of fulfillment and approval processes
- The ability to easily configure a limitless number of tasks and approvals
- The ability to manage simple or complex business processes
- Simplification and execution of task and business process management enterprise-wide
- High flexibility and scalability
- Easy-to-use self-service portals
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
- Reduced costs—by efficiently configuring and defining business tasks and automating manual business processes
A request management application enables key advantages that make it simple to accurately control and efficiently deliver BPM.